Thursday, June 19, 2008

sheraton.

So the boss has pulled a TOTAL Boss on me, the worst one yet. Was meant to get picked up today from my hostel in South Bay, LA, to head out to the first date at Pomona. I get a call at like 10am asking if I can look into getting a greyhound there and meeting them there as they were late and had some more car trouble. (with the shag wagon they used to replace the actual bus) I'm just like 'fine, whatever' - I just wanted to get onto the site. So I catch a $60 cab to the station (I fucking HATE Los Angeles, the cabs are just one reason) and then a $13 bus to Claremont. Then another cab about 4 miles along to the Warped site. I get dropped off with my bags, and head to production to ask what the fuck to do with myself.

I explained the situation 'hey, my boss is somewhere between here and Vegas. he said to meet him here and he's not arrived. WTF do i do?' and they let me leave my bags there until they close up - (5pm due to a graduation going on nearby) and issue me with a temporary laminate, it's a VIP Guest pass which will let me anywhere I need to go, not a working pass. Now that the production office is closed, he will need to take us all in tomorrow morning to get the actual working passes. The girls were super helpful and I met some people who's names have sort of been Big to me for a while - Keri Lee, Lisa Brownlee, and I was in the presence of the Lyman, though didn't talk to him.

Wandered around a bit. Saw a handful of people that I know, avoided one, said hi to a few, very stoked to see Carden and Alex. Casper is here too which is rad, I thought he wouldn't be here til JM get here but he must be looking after Treaty of Paris - I want to go find Mike from Treaty tonight, he's a dear. I sat in on the pre-tour production meeting, which was cool and informative. The funny thing about this situation is that I've never been in it before, but it doesn't feel like that at all. It doesn't even feel exciting, it feels normal, and I view that as a really good thing.

At 5pm production was closing so I had to find something to do with myself and my bags, I pretty much thought the only option available was sitting out on my luggage in the parking lot until the bus arrives - which I seriously bet won't be til LATE - but Keri gave me a keycard for one of the spare shower rooms at the Sheraton Hotel that's on the same complex. They had a bunch of extra rooms for people to use and so I got in the shuttle with all the production girls (including Sierra Lyman, who is probably 14 at most but could tour manage a major band from the way she talks, she works for her dad every summer) and now I am sitting in this fucking big SUITE - like it's a mini-apartment - in the Sheraton. I have it all to myself. It's lonely. I wish the crew was here.

There's shuttles starting at 8pm to the kick-off party back in Claremont. I really want to go but I seriously have no idea where my bus, crew and boss are, or when they're gonna get here, or if they want me to join them immediately when they get here. But really. Pre-tour party.

So confused, and mildly fearing they won't get here by the time we roll out tomorrow night, but I feel great. Sunburnt already, but as I've said.. this just feels normal and I'm so stoked about that fact.

No comments: